Actinidia arguta ‘Bingo’ (female)
Bingo Hardy Kiwi Vine
- Main interest:
- super hardy, red and yellow fruit, pineapple like flavor.
- Soil & Exposure:
- partial shade to full sun, moist and well drained rich soil
- white, June to July
- reddish stem with yellow-green leaves
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 5: -28.9 °C (-20 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 8 ft (2.5 m) width: 20 ft (6 m)
- patio overhead, trellis, fence, wall, arbour
Actinidia arguta Bingo or simply Bingo Kiwi is a gorgeous grape Kiwi variety. It produces plenty of cosmic red-pink plum colored fruits. More interesting is that these tara vine plant fruits are yellow on the inside with flavor hints of pineapple acidity. Being a grape like Kiwi there is no need to peel this fruit. just pop it in your mouth and enjoy! In order to pollinate 6 to 8 female Kiwi plants one male Kiwi plant is required. We recommend to plant one of the following male varieties alongside your female Kiwi plants: ‘, Actinidia arguta ‘Weiki M’, Actinidia arguta ‘Meader, Actinidia arguta ‘Andrew’ or even Actinidia arguta ‘Issai'(self-fertile).