Sweet Grass, Holy Grass, Vanilla Grass
- Main interest:
- medicinal and aromatic, traditionnaly used by First Nations.
- Soil & Exposure:
- full sun to part shade, moist to damp soils.
- Growth type:
- purplish-brown and white
- USDA Hardiness:
- Zone 3: -40 ° C (-40 ° F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 1.5 ft (0.45 m) width: 1.5 ft (0.45 m)
Sweet Grass also called Vanilla Grass is found in brackish and salt marshes, swamps and river shores. This plant was traditionally used by many Native American tribes for medicinal purposes, incense, perfume in ceremonies. The stems can usually be harvested twice a year.
$4.99 – $39.99