Actinidia deliciosa ‘Jenny’ (self-fertile)
Jenny Kiwi, Self Fertile Jenny Kiwi Vine
- Main interest:
- large delicious hairy Kiwi, self fertile, no need for male
- Soil & Exposure:
- partial shade to full sun, moist and well drained rich soil
- white, June to July
- large green leaves.
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 6: -23 °C (-10 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 6 ft (2 m) width: 20 ft (6 m)
- patio overhead, trellis, fence, wall, arbour
This Kiwi variety Actinidia deliciosa ‘Jenny’ has it written right in the name, it is indeed a deliciousKiwi variety. This Kiwi plant produces fruits that are very similar to the Kiwis often seen being sold at your local grocery store. Jenny kiwifruit plants are even self fertile so you don’t need to have any male plants near by to pollinate the female flowers. Kiwi deliciosa ‘Jenny’ will produce lots of large furry green fleshed and of course highly tasty Kiwi fruits.