Calamagrostis acutiflora ‘Karl Foerster’
Feather Reed Grass 'Karl Foerster'
- Main interest:
- graceful movement of feathery plumes
- Soil & Exposure:
- full sun, prefers moist well-drained soil, tolerates large variety of soils (dry sandy to clay), drought tolerant
- Growth type:
- green or bronzed red, early summer to mid fall
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 3: -40 °C (-40 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 6 ft (1.8 m) width: 2 ft (0.61 m)
Calamagrostis acutiflora ‘Karl Foerster’ is the hardiest of ornamental grasses. Originating in Europe, it thrives in a variety of climates. Green blades grow to 6 ft high from late spring to winter. Plume-like, bronze flower spikes bloom in June and July. The texture and colour of the spikes vary greatly during their blooming period, adding wonderful visual interest to the garden. The erect green leaves and flower spikes are strong design elements for screens, containers and arrangements. Of interest from June through winter.
$4.99 – $29.99