Viburnum opulus ‘Roseum’.
- Main interest:
- snowball-shaped clumps of white flowers in spring
- Soil & Exposure:
- full sun to partial shade, medium moist soil
- white, May
- green turning to yellow, deciduous
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 3: -40 °C (-40 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 12 ft (3.7 m) width: 14 ft (4.3 m)
Snowball is a perennial favourite in country gardens. It appeals especially to the imaginations of children, who favour the “snow-ball” shaped clumps of flowers. Flowers bloom in May, and are green when they first bloom. Green Maple-like leaves turn yellow in fall. White flowers tinge rose as they fade. This deciduous shrub grows to 12 ft tall and 14 ft wide, making a great specimen, hedge or wind break. Native to Europe, Africa and Asia.