Symphoricarpos x doorenbosii ‘Marleen’.
- Main interest:
- large red berries last through winter
- Soil & Exposure:
- full sun to partial shade, medium moist soil
- pink, July to August
- green, deciduous
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 2: -45.6 °C (-50 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 5 ft (1.5 m) width: 8 ft (2.4 m)
Native to North America, Symphoricarpos x doorenbosii ‘Marleen’ is grown for its large berries, which remain on the stems through the winter. The berries change from white to pink, red or purple. It has green foliage, with pink flowers blooming July to August. This deciduous shrub grows to 5 ft tall and 8 ft wide, making a great hedge or ground cover.