Spiraea x vanhouttei.
- Main interest:
- ornamental spherical clumps of small white flowers
- Soil & Exposure:
- full sun, medium moist well drained soil
- white, April to May
- blue-green, deciduous
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 3: -40 °C (-40 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 8 ft (2.4 m) width: 10 ft (3 m)
Spiraea x vanhouttei is grown for its highly ornamental spherical clumps of small white flowers on arching stems. It has blue-green foliage and blooms in April and May. This deciduous shrub grows to 8 ft tall and 10 ft wide. An old-time favourite for borders and hedging. Native to Eastern Asia.