Spiraea japonica ‘Shirobana’.
- Main interest:
- clusters of pale flowers contrast nicely with deep green foliage
- Soil & Exposure:
- full sun, medium moist well-drained soil
- near-white to pink, mid spring to late summer
- bright green, deciduous
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 4: -34.4 °C (-30 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 4 ft (1.2 m) width: 4 ft (1.2 m)
Native to Eastern Asia, Spiraea japonica ‘Shirobana’ is grown for the contrast between its deep green foliage and clusters of pale flowers, which range from near-white to pink. The flowers bloom in mid spring to late summer. This deciduous shrub grows to 4 ft in height and width, mounds beautifully, and makes a good specimen or hedge.