Spiraea japonica ‘Little Princess’.
Little Princess Spirea
- Main interest:
- clusters of small pink flowers contrast nicely with deep green foliage
- Soil & Exposure:
- full sun to partial shade, medium moist well-drained soil
- pink, May to July
- deep green, deciduous
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 4: -34.4 °C (-30 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 2.5 ft (0.76 m) width: 3 ft (0.9 m)
Native to China and Japan, Spiraea japonica ‘Little Princess’ is grown for the contrast between its deep green foliage and clusters of flat-topped pink flowers. The flowers bloom May to July. This deciduous shrub grows to 2.5 ft tall and 3 ft wide, making a good specimen or hedge.