Spiraea japonica ‘Goldmound’.
Japanese Spirea 'Gold Mound'
- Main interest:
- clusters of small pink flowers contrast nicely with vibrant yellow foliage
- Soil & Exposure:
- full sun to partial shade, medium moist well-drained soil
- pink, June to July
- bright golden yellow, deciduous
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 4: -34.4 °C (-30 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 3 ft (0.9 m) width: 4 ft (1.2 m)
Native to China and Japan, Spiraea japonica ‘Goldmound’ is grown for its vibrant golden foliage. Clusters of pink flat-topped flowers bloom in June and July. This deciduous shrub grows to 3 ft tall and 4 ft wide, and works well as specimen or hedge.