Spiraea bumalda ‘Goldflame’.
- Main interest:
- attractive red and yellow foliage, and pink flowers at the ends of stems
- Soil & Exposure:
- full sun, moist well-drained soil
- pale pink, late spring to early summer
- red turning golden yellow with red tips, deciduous
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 3: -40 °C (-40 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 3 ft (0.9 m) width: 4 ft (1.2 m)
Native to Eastern Asia, Spiraea bumalda ‘Goldflame’ is grown for its red tinged golden yellow foliage, which turns yellow/lime yellow. clusters of pale pink flowers bloom in late spring to early summer. This deciduous shrub grows to 3 ft tall and 4 ft wide making a great specimen or low hedge.