- Main interest:
- large leaves, compact size, exceptionally hardy
- Soil & Exposure:
- partial shade to shade, moist but well drained soil
- Growth type:
- green culms, wide, glossy green leaves
- USDA Hardiness:
- rhizome hardy to zone 6a: -23.3 °C (?10 °F), stems to zone 7b: -15°C (5°F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: up to 6.5 ft (2 m)
- ground cover, low dense summer screen, hedge
Found in Japan and Russia, S. palmata is a vigorous small bamboo. Green culms bear broad, glossy green leaves to 40cm in length. The leaf tips and margins turn pale brown in winter, giving a variegated effect. Fertilize with Nettle Tea. Gain a hardiness zone with our Winter Cover.
- Arundinaria palmata
Please use availability information as a guide only. The weather is a fickle thing, and impacts when our plants are actually available for shipping. Please be aware that we are not answering emails regarding plants availability. The best advice we can give you is to check back once in a while, choose a size option and check the current stock.