Physocarpus opulifolius ‘Monlo’ (DiaboloTM).
Purple Leaf Ninebark
- Main interest:
- clusters of ivory flowers provide a pleasant contrast with the dark foliage
- Soil & Exposure:
- full sun to partial shade, medium moist soil
- ivory, late spring to early summer
- dark purple, deciduous
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 3: -40 °C (-40 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 12 ft (3.7 m) width: 12 ft (3.7 m)
Native to North America, Purple leaf Ninebark is grown for the eye catching contrast between its flowers and foliage. It has dark purple foliage, with ivory flowers blooming in late spring to early summer. This deciduous shrub grows to 12 ft in height and width, working well as a specimen or hedge.