Parthenocissus tricuspidata ‘Veitchii’.
- Main interest:
- large trifoliate leaves have vibrant red, orange or purple fall colour
- Soil & Exposure:
- full sun to partial shade, medium well-drained soil
- yellow green, spring
- green, turning red or purple in the fall
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 3: -40 °C (-40 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 70 ft (21.3 m) width: 10 ft (3 m)
Native to Asia, Boston Ivy is grown for its large trifoliate leaves and vibrant fall colour. The green leaves turn red or purple in the fall. Yellowish green flowers bloom in the spring. It grows to 70 ft tall and 10 ft wide, working well as a foundation or vine.