Miscanthus sinensis ‘Gracillimus’.
Maiden Grass, Chinese Silver Grass
- Main interest:
- deep green foliage remains attractive from summer to winter
- Soil & Exposure:
- full sun or partial shade, dry to moist well-drained soil, drought tolerant
- Growth type:
- deep coppery pink, mid to late fall
- deep green
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 5: -28.9 °C (-20 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 7 ft (2.1 m) width: 3 ft (0.9 m)
Plants form a graceful upright mound of narrow green foliage of up to 7ft in height, which remains attractive from summer through the winter. Statuesque coppery-pink plumes appear in mid- late fall. Ideal for use in borders or the waterside. Orgin: Asia.