Leymus arenarius (Elymus arenarius).
Blue Lyme Grass
- Main interest:
- blue foliage
- Soil & Exposure:
- full sun or partial shade, dry to moist well-drained soil, drought resistant
- Growth type:
- creamy yellow, mid to late summer
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 3: -40 °C (-40 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 3 ft (0.9 m) width: 3 ft (0.9 m)
With striking steel-blue foliage, it will grow to a height of 3ft. Use the spreading nature of the grass to advantage and cover perennial beds, or contain it in pots and boxes for a vibrant counterpoint in the landscape. Blue Lyme Grass yellow flowers bloom in mid to late summer.