Hibiscus syriacus ‘Red Heart’.
Red Heart Rose of Sharon
- Main interest:
- attractive white flowers have a vibrant red center and a very long blooming season
- Soil & Exposure:
- full sun to partial shade, medium moist soil
- white and red, June to October
- green, deciduous
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 5: -28.9 °C (-20 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 8 ft (2.4 m) width: 7 ft (2.1 m)
Red Heart Rose of Sharon is grown for the long blooming period (June to October) of its very attractive white flowers with red centers. This deciduous shrub grows to 8 ft tall and 7 ft wide. Works well as a specimen or hedge. Native to China and India.