Hibiscus syriacus ‘Double Purple’.
Double Purple Rose of Sharon
- Main interest:
- attractive purple flowers have very long blooming season
- Soil & Exposure:
- full sun to partial shade, medium moist soil
- purple, July to September
- green, deciduous
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 5: -28.9 °C (-20 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 10 ft (3 m) width: 7 ft (2.1 m)
Double Purple Rose of Sharon tree is grown for showy double purple flowers, which bloom from bloom from June to October. This deciduous shrub grows to 10 ft tall and 7 ft wide. Works well as a Native to China and India.