Azalea ‘Orchid Lights’
Orchid Lights Azalea, Rhododendron Orchid Lights
- Main interest:
- incredibly hardy Azalea bush, densely blooming: large fragrant purple-pink flowers.
- Soil & Exposure:
- partial shade to full sun with moist but well drained acidic soil
- sherbert white, purple, pink, June to July
- dark green leaves
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 4: -34.4 °C (-30 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 3 ft (1 m) width: 3 ft (1 m)
- accent, mass planting, container or pot planting.
From its pretty dark green leaves to its absolutly gorgeous sherbet purple, pink, and cream white trumpet like flowers that bloom densly in the spring, Orchid Lights Rhododendron is not only a delightful and beautiful shrub, but it has also been refered to as one of the hardiest of all Azaleas. Anyone looking for a very hardy (Zone 4) and long living plant (up to 40 years old) with these specific beautiful purple sherbet style colors, Rhododendron Orchid Lights is a great shrub for your garden.