Forsythia ovata ‘Northern Gold’
Northern Gold Forsythia
- Main interest:
- profusion of large bright yellow flowers bloom in very early spring
- Soil & Exposure:
- full sun to partial shade, medium moist soil
- yellow, March to April
- dark green, deciduous
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 4: -34.4 °C (-30 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 9 ft (2.7 m) width: 9 ft (2.7 m)
- specimen, hedge, massed, woodland gardens
Northern Gold Forsythia grows to 9 ft in height and width and makes a good hedge for privacy. While most Forsythia are stem-hardy to zone 4, not all are flower-hardy to zone 4! Forsythia ovata ‘Northern Gold‘ will consistently bloom every spring!
Like other Forsythia ovata, Northern Gold produces elegant oval dark green leaves.
Native to Ireland, Forsythia is a deciduous shrub with both upright and over-arching stems. It is grown for its profuse, early flowering. Masses of squarish brilliant yellow flowers last for several weeks, March to April.
$8.99 – $22.99