Physocaprus opulifolius ‘Donna May’ LITTLE DEVIL
Donna May Ninebark, Little Devil Ninebark
- Main interest:
- small dark leaves, dwarf shrub. white and pink flower clusters, peeling bark.
- Soil & Exposure:
- full sun to partial shade, average soil type
- white and pink, June to August
- purple red like red wine
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 2: −45.6 °C (-50.7 deg °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 4 ft (1.2 m) width: 3 ft (1 m)
- accent, mass planting, hedges, screens, general garden use
Donna May Ninebark is a dwarf selection with red wine purple to deep burgundy colored leaves that last all season long and beautiful pink white flowers that give way to red fruit in the fall. But what makes this purple ninebark distinct from other varieties is it’s compact growth. Growing densely 3-4 feet wide and tall. As many may know Ninebark is almost as hardy as it gets, if your looking for something beautiful to grow with little to no maintanence this is a perfect choice.