- Main interest:
- unique double bright purple and white flowers
- Soil & Exposure:
- full sun to partial shade, average moisture, well-drained soil
- lavender purple and white, June to August
- dark green
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 6: -23 °C (-10 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 25 ft (7.5 m) width: 10 ft (3.0 m)
- hanging baskets, walls or fence, solitary vine
Wow, one of the most unique flowers we have ever been able to provide! Clematis Taiga is an extraordinary climbing vine with absolutely spectacular large purple and white flowers. Unlike any other double flowered Clematis variety, Taiga has a bicolored flower which seems to bloom over and over again, as it opens little by little, until you are left with long strands of stunning lotus like flowers. “Taiga” means great river in Japanese and we understand exactly why it was given such a lovely name. It is extremely satisfying to witness Taiga’s long river like climbing vines ornamented in dense flowing purple lotus-like blooms. Pruning Group: 3.
Group 1 – Flowers only on old wood (previous year). Prune after spring flowering.
Group 2 – Flowers on both old and new wood. Little pruning should be done for woody-stemmed members of this Group. If cut to the ground or pruned in fall or spring, flowering will be reduced or delayed, but not prevented.
Group 3 – Flowers only on new wood. Can be cut to the ground in fall or spring.
$14.29 – $32.99