Cornus alba ‘Elegantissima’.
Variegated Red Twig Dogwood
- Main interest:
- striking red stems through winter
- Soil & Exposure:
- full sun to partial shade, medium moist soil
- yellow, May to June
- variegated green and white, deciduous
- USDA Hardiness:
- zone 3: -40 °C (-40 °F) View Zone Map
- Mature height & width (max.):
- height: 10 ft (3 m) width: 10 ft (3 m)
Native to Asia, Variegated Red Twig Dogwood is notable for its vibrant red stems and variegated green and white foliage. A vigorous, upright shrub, it grows up to 10 ft in height and width. Yellow flowers bloom from May to June, followed by pea-sized bluish berries. Works well as a border, hedge or specimen.